Beer Can Museum Happenings

The mysterious inner workings of the mind of the Beer Can Museum curator.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Near Cape Cod, MA

I am constantly overwhelmed by the richness of life.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

When it rains, it pours

Sometimes, as a curator, you can go days without much happening in the acquisitions world.  Today is not one of those days!

First, a collector of John Wayne memorabilia contacts me about possibly donating a movie prop that John Wayne gave to the Newporter Inn, many moons ago.  He may donate it to the John Wayne musuem in Iowa, but it's nice to know we're in the running! Then, I get an e-mail from a collector of foreign cans in Boston - he needs help with pricing his collection - and he may be donating a nice Budweiser can - in Hebrew - to the museum. Next, I hear from an old friend who is a tap collector - he has been collecting craft cans for me for the past several months, and he wants me to know that he has hung a bag loaded with cans on my car door handle at the commuter lot.  Lastly, another friend, visiting family in Colorado, tells me he just mailed me a box of bottom opened Colorado craft cans - should get here in a few days.

Not a bad day for the museum - it's raining beer cans!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home