Beer Can Museum Happenings

The mysterious inner workings of the mind of the Beer Can Museum curator.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Near Cape Cod, MA

I am constantly overwhelmed by the richness of life.

Friday, February 25, 2005

Breweriana in film! Happy Oscar Weekend.

Well, I know that one blog reader is particularly excited about this Sunday's Academy Awards. I guess if I include myself I know TWO readers who are excited, since I joined the office Oscar pool. The official museum photographer, Jim Cannizzaro, can tell you every Oscar winner in every category since time began. It's kind of scary, really. Think Dustin Hoffman in 'Rainman.' "Yeah, Best Actor, 1934, definitely Clark Gable for 'It Happened One Night.' DEFINITELY." OK, he's not that bad but his mind has a special place in it reserved for movie facts and figures from throughout history. He should be in pictures. Until he finds himself on the red carpet chatting with Joan Rivers, you can admire some of his photography on the museum website!

In honor of our friend Oscar, I present to you a bit of breweriana from the museum's media library. I actually have this album in the museum due to the appearance of a Lone Star longneck bottle on the jacket. Back in 1978 the Lone Star longneck was a centerpiece in my small but growing collection of beer stuff! Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home