Beer Can Museum Happenings

The mysterious inner workings of the mind of the Beer Can Museum curator.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Near Cape Cod, MA

I am constantly overwhelmed by the richness of life.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

In the Cambodia (?) News...

The beer can museum opens up many interesting worlds to me, and for that I'm thankful. Sure, I enjoy the collectible cans themselves, but it's the connections that I make with other collectors, friends, reporters, brewery employees, and others around the globe that really make this endeavor worthwhile. Our humble little museum made an appearance on the front page of Monday's "Cambodia Daily" newspaper. After being interviewed by one of their reporters I was curious to learn more about both the publication and the country of Cambodia. Needless to say, there's lots to learn. I can tell you that the government has tried to shut down 'The Cambodia Daily' in the past, simply for being honest in reports concerning government activities. I guess that happens in most countries, but in Cambodia it seems especially admirable to publish a 'free press' in what's been known through the years for the horrors of the Pol Pot era and the brutality of the Khmer Rouge. The circulation of the Cambodia Daily is only 3,000, because many of the people can't afford the 35 cents (1200 riel) for the paper, but it's supposedly required reading for visiting dignitaries and those working in the government.

Anyway, if you have an extra copy (Monday, June 13th edition) send it along! And if you have any Cambodian beer cans (Angkor anyone?) send those, too!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there " kevbosnafu " --- I was in the search engines researching SEO Software when I came upon your blog..... I don't know if you are out of place in the engines, or I am out of place and just don't realize it :-)

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home